How to choose an installer for casement windows
With so many companies in the UK offering great uPVC prices for windows & doors, there are bound to be small percentage that are not as good as they should be or even “cowboy builders”. So how to avoid falling foul of the dodgy traders? – by using a good comparison website to check out options.
Well, the answer is to do some checks beforehand and here are a couple of pointers.
- Are they registered or certified by a proper UK trade body?
- FENSA, CERTASS, DGCOS,GGF or equivalent
- Do they offer insurance backed deposit guarantees & warranties?
- Can they provide genuine testimonials or show you several recent jobs?
- Do they give written quotes that include exact details, prices & timescales?
- Are their quotes valid for 7 days or more?
- Do they try to pressure you to ‘sign up on the spot’?
- Avoid those who do excessive ‘price dropping’ – why not give the best price first?
- How long have they been in business?
Whilst checking these things can’t guarantee you won’t avoid a cowboy, it should give you a fairly good idea of the company that you are dealing with.
For more information, prices & quotes for double glazed windows & doors, why not visit https://www.upvcwindowsfitted.co.uk/